Sign up to join the MCSA
To sign up for the club, please follow the following actions:
- Select your membership category for the list below
- Pay your membership fee to the stated banking account
- Fill in the application form, making sure your photo and your proof of payment are attached
- Submit your form
New Membership Categories and Rates
Ordinary Single – R650pp
A Ordinary Membership is a standard full membership to the club.
Ordinary Joint – R480pp
A Ordinary Joint Membership is half of a full membership to the club designed for couples where each partner can have their own joint membership.
Country Single – R450pp
A Country Single Membership is designed for members living outside of KZN. You do not receive an annual journal as a Country Member.
Country Joint – R370pp
A Country Joint Membership is designed for couples living outside of KZN. You do not receive an annual journal as a Country Member.
Student (18- 25yrs) – R145pp
A Student Membership is designed for those studying and only applies to those up to the age of 25. You do not receive an annual journal as a Student Member. Student card required.
Junior (13- 17yrs) – R145pp
A Junior Membership is designed for those in high school and only applies to those up to the age of 17. You do not receive an annual journal as a Junior Member.
Family (0- 12yrs) – Free
A Family Membership is designed for the children of Ordinary or Country members and only applies to those up to the age of 12. You do not receive an annual journal as a Family Member.
All membership rates include a R90 application fee. Rates are annual.
Bank: Standard Bank
Branch: Universal (051001)
Referance: ‘Full Name’
If you are unable to complete the form below, please click here to download a printable form, fill it in and return as per the details listed on the form.
Advantages of membership:
- Regular hiking meets in the Drakensberg and elsewhere.
- Regular climbing meets in KZN and throughout SA.
- Regular sport and competition climbing events.
- Privileged access to a significant number of Club-owned properties country-wide, most of which are in wild, isolated and incredibly scenic locations.
- Exclusive use of Cambalala house on Mikes Pass.
- Reduced fees for, and access to, other huts owned by the Mountain Club of SA throughout the country.
- Reduced climbing competition entry fees (for some events).
- Adventure talks in Westville and PMB.
- Access to Mountain Club libraries both in Durban and around the country.
- Opportunities to attend national and international mountaineering events.
- The national MCSA body to whom we are affiliated is a member of the world mountaineering body, the UIAA. This provides club members with a growing range of priviledges internationally, through reciprocity agreements.
- Professional, hardcover journal.
SEARCH & RESCUE
0800 005 133
Keep this number in case of an emergency.
www.mcsakzn.co.za | firstname.lastname@example.org